View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 01:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Wow, did I stumble on this thread at exactly the right time. I really could use this help, and maybe some more.

I started karate classes last week. My first lesson was great...I did the warm up stretches and exercises with no problem, got through my initial step training, etc. Felt great, energized and excited. The next lesson was fine too...

But my third lesson I couldn't even lift my legs to do the warm up kicks, couldn't do another jumping jack...all my joints hurt and I was tired and dizzy. I tried to continue with the training...moving back and forth with blocks and punches...(Shotokon karate) but after just 10 minutes, I couldn't move another step.

Spend the rest of the lesson sitting on the mat. I was so upset and felt like such a failure. My mind couldn't comprehend what was being presented, I STILL can't remember the moves to practice at home.

I didn't know if my sugar was low, if I hadn't eaten enought, or if I'm just not cut out for karate...which is something I really want to learn.

Tomorrow is my next class...I'm terrified to load up on carbs...I"m just in the routine of steady losing...I don't want to pop an energy pill just to come home and try to wind down...would some egg salad do it? Some protein and fat? Or does is have to be SUGAR carbs? I'm very hypoglycemic, and have really gotten that under control on Atkins.

What would you eat one hour before an 8:00 class...and what do I eat after 9:30 when I get home??

Thanks for any ideas...I really don't want to bomb out again...it's very embarrassing and the trainer really had no sympathy for any "poor me baby" stuff...very tough attitude there!