View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 19:24

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Well...to be honest, 45 grams of protein per meal (and I usually have 3 meals per day, not 4) might be too much for me (although I read back through the post and don't see where I said that it would be too much), although at lunch and dinner I probably hit closer to 50 grams of protein with less for breakfast, but not for someone with a higher lean body mass or who is actively weight training. As I said above, I base my minimum protein requirements on my lean body mass and trying to preserve as much of that as I can while losing weight, not on the total percentage of calories. The more lean body mass you have, the more protein it will take to maintain it, let alone build more. It just works out to roughly 30% of my daily calories from protein because I try to stay between 1,500 and 1,800 calories a day. There are a lot of others on this board who probably eat more than that on any given day and are losing weight without a problem. So again, what would be too much protein for me, would most likely not be too much protein for my husband who has a higher lean body mass and is actively trying to build muscle.