Thread: Bread anyone?
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 18:54

Plan: low carb
Stats: 146/132/130
BF:
Progress: 88%

I did Atkins as a 'diet' back a few years ago and I went down to 123 lbs and a size 4 within 2 and 1/2 months. After induction, I immediately added back bread...slowly...starting with just 1/2 a slice of a seemingly non-threatening whole wheat bread. (I think 12 carbs per slice, which I counted toward my daily carb allotment.) I wanted bread more than I wanted a piece of fruit or any other healthy carb. I just simply craved it.

Within a month, I was eating a ham, cheese and butter sandwich every day for lunch. Then I escalated up to two sandwiches per day, and then toast with my buttery eggs and then bagels, then crackers, then an entire baguette...you get the picture. Six months later, I gained back all of the weight, plus another 25 lbs.

This time around, I have been LCing for a year, but not as a 'diet'. I have not touched a bite of bread in over one year. I know for me, that even one slice of bread spells disaster. I can and do eat teeny tiny amounts of sugary foods; I eat potatoes regularly and I have sneaked in bites of white rice here and there this past year. Bread? I would rather eat a grenade. It would do less damage.