Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%
Default overweight thoughts

Hi all,

In my journal, Nancy made the following comment:

Quote:
Your body fat is so low, I can't picture you even being overweight with all the exercise you do.

It got me thinking ... according to the height/weight charts, and the BMI index, I'm not overweight. I'm solidly within the range, well, actually near the top. However, my goal weight is also within the range, and I don't (yet) think that it's unrealistic.

Thinking some more, I thought about why I avoid telling people that I'm trying to lose weight - the typical response is to tell me that I don't need to lose any, and then to offer me something to eat. In other words, people, in general, aren't very supportive. And they're always offering you things you don't want.

It's also easy to get complacent ... and at times the temptation to give up and change my goal is almost overwhelming. I know that losing 10 more pounds isn't going to change my life, or radically affect my appearance, but somehow, right now, giving up would feel like failing. On the other hand, maybe my goal weight is unrealistic for someone who is as old as me (48) and as active as I am- I need to stop comparing myself to the 25-yr olds that I see at the gym! But it is a weight that I maintained for several years in my mid-to-late 30s, so I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet.

Enough of my rambling ... like Twiggy, I'm also trying to think of ways to "shake up" my metabolism ... if the scale doesn't move by Valentines Day, I think that I will do 2 weeks of Induction. Then go back to CAD. I really don't want to go back on Induction, so if anyone has any more palatable ideas, please post them.