Thread: Withdrawls
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 11:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30
Progress: 100%

lapnjusa - it is one of those YMMV (your mileage may vary) things. Black coffee DOES have carbs... so you at a minimum need to count them in your daily carb count. Consequently, if you are someone who drinks ALOT of coffee... you will consume all your daily carb alotment with just the coffee... and not get the value of nutrition from your veggies. In addition, for some people their bodies have an insulin reaction to caffeine... so even a little bit of regular coffee tends to stall them out. This is not true for everyone - but it is something to be aware of.

I personally have one VERY large mug of coffee in the morning. I love my coffee too much to cut it out entirely. I did cut WAY down on my coffee though - as I used to drink up to ten cups in a day! Now I have about a 16 ounce mug in the morning and that is it. Every once in a while I will have a starbucks Cafe Breve in the afternoon while out shopping etc... but that happens about once every other MONTH. I have not seen any effect on my weightloss from keeping the coffee at this level.

Everyone's body is different though... so you will have to figure out what works for you. Just be aware of the information - so you choose wisely.