View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 11:43
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

After doing a lot of reading (and reading books) on this issue, I've concluded that GMOs truly frighten me. Far too many reasons to list here except that GMOs have never been tested through the FDA. As a result, anaphylactic reactions to corn have resulted from the negligence by biotechnology. Corn used to be a food haven for those with food allergies because it was considered non-allergenic. Another reason not to eat the stuff. In fact, the FDA wouldn't even believe that the corn was causing anaphylactic reactions to corn because their testing for the proteins was so inadequate that they couldn't screen for it. In fact, it took a dentist to use himself as a guinea pig in one of their meetings (armed with an epi pen and a physician) before anyone would believe him.

Industry has succeeded in destroying our fish supply. I truly hope that the public won't let biotechnology get away with ruining our entire food supply. Food is the only thing that our future generations can survive on. Once it's destroyed, we have nothing left.

This is another reason to refrain from high carb foods. Most of them (ie. corn, potatoes, wheat, rice) have succumbed to GMO technology.