View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 11:37

Plan: low carb
Stats: 146/132/130
BF:
Progress: 88%

I read through an great thread at the CAD/CALP board last night re: successfully switching from Atkins to CAD. I have never followed a strict LC plan; mine is something of an Atkins/Schwarzbein hybrid, but closer to Atkins.

Anyhow, that thread got me thinking: When did I lose most of my weight? Within the first 6-8 weeks of LCing! I did not follow a traditional induction, in fact, last year at this time, I spent the first few days of my 'diet' eating steamed veggies, lean meats and little to no fat, then I switched over to LC. Maybe it was the shocking switch from eating everything in sight to low fat and then to low carb that helped my weight come off so nicely at the beginning.

There MUST be something to the theory that to jump start weight loss, one must shake up the diet. But, I am so afraid of going back to eating bagels and brownies by the truckload that I am not sure I am a good candidate for the reward meal offered in the CAD plan. I wonder if there is another way to go about the shake up without going back to danger foods?