#9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 00:55
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Homegirl,
Your temperature changes with your cycle. My doctor told me the standard is to take your temp days 2-5 of your cycle. My temp average was 97. My TSH is normal, but my T3 is slightly low.

I was very tired, yet didn't sleep well. Had the heater on 78 all the time. My nails broke off and my skin was so dry my hands would bleed. It was only after following Atkins for 5 months eating a 1000 cal, 15 carbs per day and working out pretty hard, and not getting into ketosis that I realized something was really wrong. Also my reflexes were slow and I couldn't remember peoples names if I had to think of them quickly.

I went to a Holistic doctor, the test is around $100 for tsh, t3 and t4. I take a very small dose of armour thyroid and it has changed my life, like a miracle to me.

A few months ago I had to stop the thyroid temporarily and every symptom came back along with terrible hairloss. Started back and everythings returning to normal. I also noticed I feel more confident and positive about life in general.

I have seen places on the net where you take the sample at home, I guess through a finger stick and it is cheaper than the doctors office.

I hope you follow through on this. The medication is very cheap, I buy it straight through my doctor, $12 for 5 months.