Old Sat, Feb-07-09, 14:45
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil
This is not true for all of us. I took the script for 9 months-50,000 IU's twice a week. My level of Vitamin D was very low a 4-lab ranges for low normal are 20-30 at the lab my endo uses. I took the script and my levels are in the normal range and suffered no ill health effects from it. I feel better and like a new person since getting my levels straightened out. I also took CLO before and during the time I took the script.
but you were taking 100000iu a week averaging 14285iu/daily.

As D2 is about a third less efficient as D3 you would have had the same effect with about 10,000iu of D3/d or one of these ever 5 days.

The point is that using D2 is a way of Big pharma ripping off medical insurance companies In my view health professionals should always put the best interests of patients and not big pharma first.

The amount of Vitamin D in CLO is too little to make a significant impact on Vitamin D status. For the active hormone to operate at maximum velocity it each circulating 25(OH)D molecule has to have a available a back up Vitamin D3 molecule. As we only start to store D3 above 100nmol/l 40ng and stores are only significant over 125nmol/l 50ng/ml any level below that is less than ideal. each 1000iu/daily of D3 raises status 10ng or 25nmol/l. A circulating 25(OH)D status therefore requires a daily intake of around 5000iu to be maintained. If you can't account for your daily 5000iu then you are probably Vitamin D3 insufficient.