View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 16:35
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Well, looking at calories can be helpful if one is having a hard time. You don't have to do it, but it's helpful. If you're not eating enough your body might be conserving fat. If you're eating too much and not exercising, that's obviously a problem too. So it's up to you. If you don't want to mess with it, just do what you're doing, stick to the rules of induction for a few weeks longer and see how you do!

The calories issue is in THEORY resolved with ketosis as it usually suppresses the appetite. I never experienced that myself. Also, following the guideline to "eat until you're satisfied (not full)" helps to self-regulate the calories. As long as you don't go hog wild with the food, you're probably fine. If you continue to have problems, calories may be something you want to look at and the general guideline is 10-12x your bodyweight. If you're still resistant, you may want to drop down to 10-12x your IDEAL bodyweight. But, like I said, don't worry about that for now....I'd wait a few weeks.