Thread: Gravlax
View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 12:43

Plan: Atkins maint
Stats: 200/125/125 Female 5'3
BF:not fat anymore!
Progress: 100%

we have used everything from a garbage can to a grill and now I am really liking the MASTERBUILT ELECTRONIC SMOKEHOUSE

it really holds a lot is easy to use and smoked perfectly as far as I can tell.

let's start a low carb Charcuterie thread then

I am at work so it is hard for me to compile my brains between patients and charcuterie but would be glad to start it in the morning tomorrow if someone else does not want to do it today?

I came into work the other day and could not figure out why the whole place smelled as wonderful as my kitchen does

a friend of mine who I gave some smoked ham hocks to put them into a pot of beans and brought them in OMG I took a little of the broth (I dont eat beans again yet) it was to die for if I do say so myself!!!

but bacon is outstanding I get great pork bellies at a local Asian mkt they cut it the way I want it and I dont think I could buy another pound of bacon
as easy as it is to cure and smoke and the wonderful flavors of doing it yourself! wow is all I can say!

thanks for starting this I am excited to know there are others out there doing it

I printed the recipe and am going to try it so thanks for that as well

I am not afraid of getting sick I grew up in a Southern Italian neighborhood where sausages were strung across the the walls hanging for months on end sometimes in butcher shops and delis. I figure people have done this forever and as long as we are careful, follow santiation rules we are no more likely to get sick then we are when we eat peanut butter crackers ..kidding actually we are safer!!!!! they are carby and poisonous!!!