Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 11:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Re: Goal weights

Quote:
Originally posted by slimmin
Kiwi ... I was never 105 (except when I was about 12!) I think that your goal weight sounds very reasonable - especially looked at in light of Teri's "formula".

I struggled with my weight throughout my teen years ... even though I was always athletic ... on all the school teams, a cheerleader, etc. Going away to University and living in a dorm was a complete disaster, and I quickly gained the "freshman 10". During my 20's I worked as a waitress, and, since I didn't have a car, rode my bike everywhere. My weight then was around 130 - occasionally, I would get it down below 125, but not for long ... and sometimes it would get as high as 135. In my 30's, after my kids were born, my weight got up as high as 150 - I joined Weight Watchers, and got it down to as low as 129 - which is too low (my periods stopped), then stabilized for years at about 135. Over the last 5-10 years, my weight gradually increased to about 150, topping at 153 last spring, which is when I started LCing. I dropped to 146 within 2 weeks, and since then, I have been as low as 139, but spent most of the time bouncing between 143-145. I'm not ready to give up on my goal of 135 yet, but I am starting to wonder if it's a trifle unrealistic given my age (48), height (5ft 6 1/22 in), and fitness level.

Check list:

Cheerleader

20's wt around 130

gave birth to a 10 lb. baby still blame him for my stomach)

wt. went up to around 150...tried low fat diet....lost a few lbs....

first set my goal at 130 but since I exercise on a regular basis can carry a little extra weight...when I was at my lowest weight everyone thought I was ten lbs. lighter so adjusted goal to 140...also find with LC you have a completely different profile...much better in every way

am amazed most of us here are in the same ht. range

5' 6"

now age ..have to slowly slide this out as I have been having a hard time getting used to this...just turned the big 50...

IMHO goal wt. is where your body will be content at...mine seems to not want to stay under 140....B