View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 02:47

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

You wouldn't think, but the area you've just described is the gallbladder. Try slowly pressing in with the tips of your fingers in that area and see if you find some soreness which is limited to an area about the size of a quarter. If you do, it's the gallbladder. It is also possible you've had a small stone in there for a long time and now it's decided it's time to get rid of it. Or the duct it uses to empty out is inflamed and not allowing the gallbladder to 'dump' properly. Go poke yourself and see....(but please do it gently) It really sounds to me like the duct/outlet is inflamed. You may try lightly massaging it a bit and see if that helps relieve it. Warning: it may actually be very sore to the touch--mine was, but I was able to work out the inflammation using massage and I also took an herbal anti-inflammatory which I think also helped. I also have occasional problems with my liver ducts getting inflamed as well as my iliosecal valve (in the guts) getting inflamed. I get my massage therapist or my chiropractor to do visceral massage and it'll clear up in a couple of weeks.