#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 23:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/293/170
BF:
Progress: 9%
Angry First Negative Comments

Hi-
My name is Jacque and I have been LCing since July 2, 02. Unfortunately I "fell off the wagon" over the holidays, I don't know why I let myself do it! I'm ok now though and to my surprise have maintained my weight through out the last 2 months. Seven days ago today I started induction again, it was so hard, much harder than before. I lost nine pounds though. Anyways, last night we were at my MIL house and my SIL and her son were over, normally I love my in-laws to death but my SIL made a few comments that just really got to me. We were getting ready for dinner ( we had not expected to stay) and I only got some of the meat. I told my MIL that I was not being rude but that I had started my diet again. She said " oh I am sorry I didn't know" I said " thats ok, we didn't really expect to stay for dinner, so don't worry about it." Thats when my SIL opened her mouth, she said "I have been reading some really bad things about that diet on the Internet." and I said "oh really" after all everyone is entitled to there opinions. So she said " something about the foods not providing enough cancer fighting agents, so MAKE SURE YOU DON'T STAY ON IT FOR TO LONG." I said "well... it's really not a diet it kind of a new way of life." She just kind of nodded and that was it. She went off into the kitchen and all I heard was exercise. I was annoyed but didn't let it really get to me, but the more I think about it the more I am bothered by it. We just sold her our brand new tred mill because it wasn't our thing and I am going to try a different stragety instead, so I don't know if has anything to do with that fact that I am seeing results and she isn't or not. I am just one of those people who can't lose with just exercise. It's easy to say all you need to do is watch what you eat and exercise, but I have tried and this is the only thing that works for me. My MIL has always been really supportive of it ( as far as I know) and she finally pointed out how good I was looking and how much weight I have lost to my SIL. I would really like to think that its not jealousy but theres something about the way she looks at me. Anyway this is turned out to be a very long vent, very sorry about that. I would just like to say I love this WOL and the results that I see every week. During my break I felt ugly and huge and now with just a week back on I feel almost attractive agian, it does help that I bought new clothes that are a size smaller though.

Thank you so much for listening to me, it really helps.

Jacque
Sponsored Links