#6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 12:49
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Lisa:

I didn't thing you were disagreeing with me, and even if you were, that would be okay. I love to debate.

You see it the same way I do. Okay for maintenance, but not really okay for weight loss. The carbolite peanut butter cup? That sounds like an "I'm in maintanence" graduation treat. You've come so far.

Donald:

Thanks for the information about the products. So now we can say, "read the label". What kind of products are allowable for induction, do you know?

I do have a few Carbolite bars in my freezer. They've been there a long time. I'll put one in my purse for an emergency, but that's it. Personally, I think cashews are a better emergency for me than the bars (although that's a whole other addiction ). I've noticed that sugar alcohols began inducing sugar cravings that ultimately (even a few days later) would result in a sugar binge. I just don't see that these things have any significant role for anyone losing weight. Like you, I believe they should still remain an occassional treat. I read about people eating 2 or 3 bars a day and I'm stunned! It's such a sign of our decline in the importance of nutrition. Our bodies need quality nutrients to remain healthy.

Bottomline, this WOE is about eating healthy, making healthy choices. Sometimes we can get so caught up trying to lose weight that we forgot about what's really important.