View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 02:39
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Depending on how old your baby is and how recovered you are, I would say you could begin with some light exercise, such as walking immediately.

My new baby is going to be 5 months old on Sunday.

Because my first child was diagnosed with failure to thrive, and I was breastfeeding exclusively, I just want to tell you to make sure that the baby is making several 7-8 wet and/or poopie diapers a day so that they are getting adequate nutrition.

I didn't make enough milk with this baby either, and I had to go back to work at 4 weeks, so she is a formula baby now, but she got the first six weeks of breastmilk for some health benefits.

She weighs almost 18 pounds! Big happy baby.

I read that article Amber was talking about. They suggest that you exercise after nursing so that lactic acid (build up from muscles) don't get into the breastmilk, which may effect the taste. Exercising after nursing gives your body a few hours to remove the lactic acid from your system. I'm not sure about this theory. Anyway, walking can't hurt (except in this cold we have here), and you can work your way up from there.

Welcome, and congratulations!

Beth