View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 11:42

Plan: Somersizing-Level 1
Stats: 223.6/220.4/145.0 Female 63inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I love meat...steaks, chicken, fish, lamb....I miss potatoes and rice dishes. And since I'm Italian...not having pastas for me is sometimes hard. But I have found ways to have lasagna low carb with using egg crepes as the noodles and making it that way. Yum!! I have chicken parmesan low-carb with herbed pork rind crumbs instead of regular bread crumbs with zucchini alfredo.
I really stay away from all the low-carb processed foods as much as possible. The only thing I really eat that is processed are South Beach frozen meals...but only if there aren't leftovers from dinner the night before. I snack on string cheese or celery and whipped cream cheese at work.
I bought George Stella's books and he has a recipe for pizza using soy flour. I haven't tried it yet and although it's not totally Somersized, I don't think it's a huge imbalance but I do want to wait until I've lost more weight and gotten thru the first couple of weeks back on somersizing before introducing an imbalance.
My other downfall is wine...I'm an avid wine collector. I've been trying to stick to whites right now as they are lower in carbs than red. But I only have 1 glass a week and with a meal that I've prepared with the same wine. And I don't fill the glass up either LOL.
But the Stella books have some snacks in them that are somersizing friendly..like Goldfish crackers made out of american cheese and some spices or his cheddar cheese crisps...I'm planning on trying out some of these recipes so I can have some snacks.