Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Hang in there

Quote:
Originally posted by nsmith4366
...thanks to fitday.com I was able to keep a journal and keep track/gave me confidence I needed. I was never an unhealthy (sugar/fat/carb) eater to start with - so maybe I had an advantage. All I had to do was go from refined complex carbs to unrefined low carb foods and drop the sugar and add some fat.
Lets just say I went from a bagel, coffee, diet coke, sugarfree cookie diet to a veg, lean protein, no sugar/caffeine, no processed foods and added some fat diet.

I just found fitday this week and I'm estatic about it. It's already helped me immensely. I think it would have helped me before when I was adding carbs.

Unfortunately, before LC, I was an unhealthy eater. I was so afraid of being hungry, I used to carry around bags of candy with me everywhere I went. Hypoglycemia and a low-fat diet will do that to ya! Giving up sugar has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I gave up fat for about 6 years (after being told my IBS was caused from fat). Piece of cake (non-fat, of course ). I think the low-fat diet was what caused things to really snowball because I traded low-fat for high-sugar.

I gave up sugar okay for 3 months when my health had fallen to rock bottom. But as I got better, I became a little too confident and fell off the wagon about once a week. I need to realize that it is an addiction for me, I can't just have a little bit. Sugarholics anonymous for me. But, I've been sugar-free for 21 days. It's a start.

Thanks for listening,
Wanda