View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 18:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi!

You sound like you're feeling well enough to get a program started! You'll have to find what is right for you, but I would start small, maybe three times a week, for 20-30 minutes. What you do depends on your level of energy, you are expending quite a bit with your little one!

Maybe check out the videos in a library and find a couple you really like. If you can find one that mixes some weights, all the better! But start light, if you haven't done any regular exercise in a long time, now would not be the time to strain something or burn yourself out, you're already busy. Take your time and realize that your fitness gets better with however much you do. You can also walk when it's warm. I used to walk and bike my kids all over (of couse, it didn't do diddly for my ponderous weight until I stopped low fatting it and started LC! ).

Also, I don't know much about it, but I think I saw something in an article somewhere that you should try to exercise right after nursing, because your body needs time to get rid of some hormone before you nurse again? I'd look into it, just in case. Obviously I wasn't much help on that!

Good luck with your new baby and your new WOL!!

Amber