Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 18:54
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by DDMariana
Calories DO count on this WOE...I know it's not a popular subject, but I can tell you why I never lost another ounce after induction for MONTHS...because I allowed the legal foods to be a free-for-all!! Just limit or be careful...

Since the fall, I gained about 8 pounds, so post-Christmas, it was time to take them off before it got out of control. The other day I had to go out for lunch and I was so concerned I would eat inappropriate food. I made it through without even glancing at a dessert menu. I was so proud of myself.

Then I went to get groceries. Got some macadamia nuts for my husband. I should have known not to bring them in the house with me. When all was said and done, I gained 2 pounds the next day. In one night I gained what took me 3 weeks to lose. With nuts, calories do count!

I was so ticked at myself cause I figured I may as well have cheated after all. I can't even buy nuts for anyone, never mind for myself. I've always been addicted to them, even before LC. Some say our body craves the minerals, but I've never craved raw nuts.
I go for the "cravings" are bad theory (ie. food intolerace, mould) rather than the "cravings are good" theory (ie. needed micronutrients).

GRRRRR