Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 14:43

Plan: ProteinPowerLifePlan w/IF
Stats: 166/143/135 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Re: Can you help me find my motivation - a last ditch effort by me

Quote:
Originally posted by sk8termom
I promise not to post this any more... I can do so well for a few days, then just cannot keep it up. I don't know what's wrong. I have so much weight to lose. I've been able to lose weight before, but just can't seem to stay on track this time. I don't know if it's the slow weight loss, food temptation, what's going on. I really like the foods on this WOE, and after a couple of days the hunger pangs are gone, and I feel much better.

In my humble opinion, there's NOTHING wrong with you. You just have not yet made up your mind that this is top priority in your life. Yes, you know it in your head...but not in your heart too.

I don't know how to get it to your heart...but I know when you've REALLY made up your mind, there really is no turning back.

This is true for ANY diet...not just a low carb diet. Heck...this is true for almost ANYTHING in life...stop smoking; exercise; getting organized; you name it!

The first thing you need to know is that you WILL FALL OFF the wagon. Just make sure you IMMEDIATELY forgive yourself and pick yourself up (we're here to help with that), and start all over again - NOW ... not tomorrow ... NOW.

Keep reading about this way of life. And all the benefits. It's like motivational reading. I think that helps get the knowledge from your head into your heart where you do make life-changing decisions that LAST.

And EVERY SINGLE DAY (sometimes every single hour) you need to REcommit yourself to this way of eating. It's not a 1-time decision and then you coast all the way to the end. Each day we are faced with challenges. Each time we put food in our mouths, what the food is is OUR DECISION. And we need to decide EVERY SINGLE TIME to make the RIGHT decision. Basically, we (and yes, I'm mostly talking to myself) need to GROW UP and take responsibility for what we are doing to ourselves. When it comes to food, sometimes I can be so childish!

Here's to your making a life-long change!

-- Loretta