#5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 11:31
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Nat:

There is definately something wrong with the search engine. I plug in %, it comes up empy. I plug in "percent", it comes up empty. I plug in "percentage", it comes up empty. I plug in "fat", I get 2 pages. Then I noticed they are all from today only, even though my settings are on "any date".

I think the problem is that the search engine is only for the current date. Maybe those were one of the changes made due to server overload? I'd have to go back and read the thread on the changes.

Anyway, thanks for your info and I will look on that thread. I looked on Atkins and the fat fast is defined at 75-90% fat with caloric intake at 1,000 calories/day. Then he advises to "increase the ratio of fat to protein" bascially till you find what works best for you. So I'd guess that somewhere less than 75% fat would be recommended for Atkins regular program. That seems to coincide with what you suggest.

Since I've just found fitday.com, I've noticed that my fat intake is between 66-79% which is really working well for me. I was having problems with what I thought was false hunger. When I looked at the numbers, I realized that I was only eating about 50% fat. Yesterday, I ate 66% fat, 29% protein and 5% carbs, which looks pretty much on track according to your numbers. It's been up to 79% at its highest. I'm not getting the nighttime hunger 1/2 hour after dinner like I was getting. I'd like to increase my carb intake (more veggies), but everytime I do that I experience hunger right after eating. I will have to fiddle with the carb/fat ratio and see what my body likes best.

Fitday really allows you to get a handle on what works best for your own body. I can't believe it too me so long to find it.

Thanks again, Nat