#3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 10:18
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi ya Judi:

Long time no hear. I bought so many LC tortillas from you last time, I'm still trying to use them up.

So the sugar in the yeast really does burn off with no carb count? The only problem is that they use splenda. I'm concerned about eating splenda almost everyday, plus I don't really like its aftertaste. I e-mailed them about making it without splenda since they are made to order, but haven't heard back from them.

I'm surprised that no one has tried it. I'd really like to hear what it's like. One of my problems in the summer is trying to pack a compact, non-perishable, lightweight meal to carry in my golf bag. It'd be really nice to be a able to pack a sandwich that didn't taste like soy. But, I won't get my hopes up too high.

You think getting it across the border will be hard? I think they UPS the bread cause it has to be delivered within a few days. I'm mostly concerned about the cost if I like it.

Re: your recipe - I couldn't find one by Island Girl or Judi. I found one called "Lo Carb Bread". It has 4g/slice. Looks good, though, cause it has no soy it in. Your recipe, is it "good, good" or low carb "good". I'm not one for making "faux" recipes because they mostly remind me what I'm missing. I don't mind high fiber, but really dislike the taste of soy. I don't own a bread machine (in fact, I've never made bread), but maybe if the recipe were really good, it would be worth the effort.

As always, thanks Judi

Wanda