#7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 09:17

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

It may help you to look thru her new improved web site

http://www.drhormone.com/new/index.html

I would suggest buying or checking out from the library her books if really interested. It is a good guide to balanced nutrition. Her first book covers the basics and the 2nd goes into trying to figure out where one's metabolism may be currently (not a fast read but may be what some need.

Personally, I think this bd. is less active because the eating plan is easier in some ways because it is so balanced and one does not need recipes and menus that differ from what you would feed other people within the boundaries of whole, healthy, nutrition. Also if looking for quick weight loss (as opposed to healing one's metabolism to get to the point where one eats normal portions of balanced healthy food) probably some give up and go for the 'quicker plans' such as Atkins induction level and others. This may be what some need to get started --- to see some fast loss!

Economically speaking with TSP I find it easier to follow also.

I know I have been there and done that --Atkins induction level *for me* never proved worthwhile-- I would lose 5-10 lbs. then gain it back + when adding carbs back. Of course Dr. Atkins has many more plans than induction, and I read in one of his online chats once that not all need to start on induction level. In a chat with Larry King he said he thought Suzanne Somer' s plan was a good maintainence program. I think his new book is supposed to deal with 'controlled carbs'. Of course Suzanne Somer's plan has level1 That is how I lost the first 1/2 of my weight and can be a good way to launch a weight loss and still include healthful carbs(with food combining). In fact she recommends in her books to read Dr. Schwarzbein.

As can be told by my profile info to the left I say my plan is 'whatever works' and I think after getting off to a good start with one of the low/ controlled carb plans that one has to customize to a certain extent. For me maintaining is very easy with mainly TSP. I , like some others have commented , do not follow it perfectly, (I use sweetener other than Stevia sometimes, cannot eat veggies with every breakfast, & have chocolate sometimes) . If you look at her web site though perfection is not the point, IMO, but striving for good health and a metabolism that will take one thru life without starving or eating from only a few healthy food groups. As far as my last 10 lbs. I am considering dynamite-- Just kidding