View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 07:04

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Unhappy Leg cramps

I have a little mystery that I'm hoping to get some input on.

At around 2 am today I woke up with the worse leg spasm/cramp I have ever had - not only where they the worst they were different from the type I associate with LC or with cal/mag deficiency.

I'm taking the cal/mag (at least 1000mg cal / 350 mg mag a day) and I had it yesterday and the day before. I haven't worked my legs in a while and this only happened once before (recently - as in a week ago), but it was mild compared to this morning. I've had these cramps in the past (when I forgot my cal/mag and when I first started LC) but they didn't feel like this. I also use potassium salt liberally throughout the day and have been since Aug 01.

In the past the cramps have always in the calf, and always felt as though the muscle was tightening up like when you have a charlie horse. The muscle actually feels flexed and hard to the touch - it's also very localized. This was more like 'travelling' - up my inner thigh to my quad and back down to my hamstring. It felt more like pins and needles and if I tried to stretch or apply pressure by standing it hurt more. The muscles didn't feel 'tight' either when I massaged them. I popped another cal/mag and rode it out for about 10 minutes. But gawd it hurt - whining, whimpering and near tears.

Any ideas?

Nat
Sponsored Links