View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 00:19

Plan: Diabetic diet
Stats: 172/160/135
BF:
Progress: 32%

ladybug....

sorry...where i come from, that sheesh would most likely have been accompanied with raise eyebrows and rolling of the eyes....if you have ever been around a teen who disagrees with what their parent is saying, then you know what i am talking about! basically, it would be almost the same as a person calling another, an idiot.....which is what i had reference to not being "charitable"...so why don't you and i start from scratch!

guess i just didn't expect people to treat other posters like margie was treated on this forum....even after she apologized, on another thread, if she had come on too strong, she was met with snide comments. Sadly, regardless of how she presented her information, most of it does have legitimate research to support it, but the snide remarks she was met with would have most assuredly made a newbie think that she must be a "kook"....with the end result being that person not getting information that might have helped her. i also frequent a huge international thyroid forum...no poster is treated that way, there.

that's why i came here...to hunt for experience & advice w/hypothyroid, insulin resistance & any low carbing benefits.

With exception of not having my Free T3 ~ an optimal level, my TSH & Free T4 are great... i know there are T3 connections to elevated glucose and mine didn't go up until i went on thyroid meds (the ADA say thyroid meds are one of the meds that will do that)...i think it is related to insulin receptors, but since i have no intentions of giving up the thyroid meds...low carbing + maybe getting some T3 supplementation may be my only option....so i came here!

what is your story & how are you doing?
faye