View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 21:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

JM...count me in too, been there before! Lots of times...

A few things to remember when you're feeling a bit tempted to get out of control:

Nothing ever tastes as good as you think it's going to feel by eating it!! Afterwards, the guilt is worse than anything yummy...think of this BEFORE you reach for it!

You don't have a terrible lot of weight to lose (relatively speaking) so during your maintenance time...when you get to your goal, you'll be able to loosen up occasionally if you choose...but NOT why you're trying to learn new methods of eating well and while you're trying to lose some weight. When you get there...you may not even be impressed by "no-no" foods!

One more thing...about being 24 and fat and dull... We can talk about this girlfriend, let me tell you!! I wish to everything sacred that I had gotten my eating habits and my ideal weight under control when I was 24. Now in my 30's I am JUST starting to feel good about myself and my body...and life is FUNNER!!

Don't give up on your efforts no matter what...and by the same token, don't get so obsessed with the perfect, flat anything... honey... men like CURVES...okay? Most of em' don't care quite how big they are, as long as there's something there to grab! Most of em' are not impressed by the ultra fit types anyhow...just be YOU, in your body, the HEALTHIEST you can be...and that's beautiful.

Gosh...I'm sounding like someone's mother... sorry...I'm kinda feelin' that way today too, so maybe I needed to write that to myself !!

Hang in there...