View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 15:19

Plan: Atkins/Hhcg
Stats: 155/115/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 133%

Kris,

I sympathize with your plight. While my DH doesn't need to lose weight ( I hope my 4 kids get his Japanese genes and NOT mine!!), I would like to change my kids' choice of food. They barely touch a veggie, choose brownies and cupcakes over anything else for snack, have cookies and ice cream for dessert. My skinniest one has waffles, Pop Tarts and Toaster Strudel all in one sitting for breakfast. He much prefers the carbs over the proteins. I don't know how he stays skinny--must be the Japanese side in him. Even my eldest son wants to know how he stays so skinny! We try, we really do, but they prefer the highly processed foods. And as much as we don't buy that someone around here will--we have an aunt that lives close by. I just make sure we have good dinners (I do cook almost every evening meal as I am a SAHM) and my DH takes care of breakfast. DH will insist that if they want a PopTart (or cereal, oatmeal, grits), they have to have eggs and sausage too. Just to balance out the sugar from the Pop Tart. They also don't drink juice, just water. Lunch is where we don't have much control-they like to eat school lunches and we don't have much control since we are not there. Just letting you know that you are not alone. If you want your kids to build muscles, just make sure they eat their protein!! And know that milk is overrated, and they need to eat fat for their brains.