View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 14:01

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 184/184/165 Female 5' 6"
BF:no clue
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Argh!

A brand-spankin'-new Fry's Electronics opened up in town last weekend so we decided to stuff the kids into the car and go check it out. While there we wandered the small home appliance aisle where we discovered the digital scales. Something clicked as I remembered the Drs Heller recommending a digital scale that measures within the half-pound in their book, so we put the cheapest one in our basket (although cheap is relative -- the bugger still cost nearly $30!).

After we got home and got the kids settled in for lunch I decided to pull it out of the box and see how it worked.

Apparently, our old standard scale has been lying to me for the past few months. Not only did the new digital one say that I was *over* what my starting weight on the old scale was (after supposedly having lost a few pounds when doing the Atkins induction a few weeks ago), but the darn thing keeps the weight on the read-out for a full thirty seconds after stepping off, which means being more sneaky when hubby's in the bathroom with me

I know I have lost weight because regardless of what the new one says, the old one did register a loss. But still, finding out that I'm *above* what I thought I was three weeks ago is almost painful! Argh!

(Happily, however, I weighed myself first thing this morning and have lost 1.5 lbs since Saturday, so I'm feeling a *little* better! )

Also, in the book it says to weigh yourself daily and then average it out at the end of the week. Hubby thinks I should weigh myself only once a week -- preferably every other week. Do you follow the book or do you have your own weigh schedule?
Sponsored Links