#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 07:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205/110
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Stretch Marks and Flabby Skin

Hi everyone!
My name is Kim and I've been 'hanging around' here for about a week and have found a lot of motivation from reading journals and postings and have recently started my own journal. Between that and using Fitday- I am doing very well indeed! I have a long way to go but I've declared 2003 "My Year" to achieve goals that are important to me- and I will do it! I am off to a great start and each day seems to get easier rather than harder as I expected. My head is in the right place and that makes all the difference.

For now I have two questions:
1. What happens to your flabby tummy as you lose weight? I have never lost enough at one time to worry about that, but a lot of my weight is centered around my abdomen and lower stomach and I am worried that i will end up with this huge "flap" of skin there. Will that happen?
2. What about stretch marks? I have plenty- again in the whole belly area. If you have a goal of wearing a two piece bathing suit one day- is that realistic? Mine are REALLY serious marks and I've had them a long time. Can anything be done to minimize these?

Okay... that's what I need to know for now. Thanks for your answers in advance!
MsKim
Sponsored Links