#7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 12:02

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandMom
I was under the impression that the mornings were best, but we have seven kids and that makes for a big challenge in scheduling. That's OK though, 'cause we're doin' this together and that's what we wanted.
Mom, 7 children? I'm simply amazed you've managed to plan things, let along carry them out!

Working out first thing has it's advantages; namely you get the workout in first thing and there's no worries about having time later in the day. Early a.m. workouts also help to get the old metabolism going and carry you through the rest of your day with a spring in your step. I do all my cardio this way, chiefly to take advantage of the boost in metabolism and to get maximum fat burning.

Working out with weights can be done first thing in the morning, and many do prefer it. However, as the goal of the weight lifting is to build muscle (via heavy enough resistance to cause microtears) that will in turn help you burn fat, it makes sense that lifting later in the day, when you're well nourished and stronger, would get you closer to this goal, faster.

Cheers,
Nat