View Single Post
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-08, 15:50
Modified :)

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

Trained today, my first since I restarted LC, but also my first proper one in a few weeks as I've been dying with the cold, took some time off, then trained and absolutely died on my backside, so took another week off.

First impressions: Wow! whey tastes so much better when there's no oats in it! LOL!

(need to pull my notepad out of the car for numbers, but will post exercises, cause I feel like it )

Currently doing 5 x 5, two exercises per area on a 3 day split, Chest & Back / Legs/ Shoulders & Arms.

Today's workout Chest & Back

Weight assisted chest dip - started at my last trained weight, managed 3 sets, then had to drop the weight for the last two sets which I didn't fully manage

Dumbbell fly - started at my last trained weight, managed 2 reps and almost dropped one on my chest... :| dropped back 2 weight levels out of paranoia more than absolute necessity, and aced the rest of the sets..... will go back up one next week.

Weight assisted wide grip pull ups - started at my last trained weight and managed 3 or 4 of the sets without too much trouble, dropped weight for last set.

Dumbbell rows - started one weight below last trained weight due to being tired from the pull ups (I did think about skipping these completely, but decided dropping one weight was a much better idea ) managed all sets without any problems, but was running a major sweat!

Not 100% sure whether the degradation is due to LC or just having had what feels like forever as a gym holiday (it was only 3 or 4 weeks! ) but I'm sure I'll see over the next few weeks.

Next training day Wednesday, legs - I am kinda paranoid about squatting given the degradation, so will decide whether I'm going to drop the weight a little or swap them for leg presses, but I really like squats (and I have to put a shed load of weight on the leg press, it takes all day, LOL!)