View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 01:24

Plan: close to zero carbs
Stats: 225/206/210 Male 73
BF:
Progress:

Nancy,
Are you sure you are not talking about Glutamate?? Glutamine is not the same as glutamate,, which is found in MSG as Monosodium glutamate.

Glutamine can convert to Glutamic Acid which is an excitatory transmittor.

Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in our body and it has a plethora of functions

Glutamine is one of the best things that you can take..but people never take enough of it. Glutamine"feeds" your intestinal lining and helps build your immune system. So if someone is taking 500mgs of glutamine at a time, it is not being used for recovery or anticatabolism..your stomach and immune system get first dibs and use it all up.

So you must think of grams when taking glutamine..5 grams a pop. My post workout shake consists of 40 grams of whey isloate and 40 grams of glutamine. That type of dose ensures that my muscles will reap the benefits of the compound.

If you do want it to help with carb cravings, take about 1\4 tsp or a 500mg cap(opened) and let it dissolve under your tongue. It taste like sugar and helps with cravings alot.

When we were working with mothers who had trouble producing ample amounts of breast milk or who felt their babies were not getting enough substanance from their breast milk, we had them take in glutamine..and these women reported 'richer" breast milk. Plus their babies were getting their immune and digestion system ehanced from the additional glutamine from their mothers breast milk.

Glutamine can also be used for diarrhea..especially those with HIV\AIDS..and can help combat muscle wasting for those with with that affliction.

When I get up first thing in the morning, I have a brain "cocktail" which includes 5 grams of glutamine in water.

For those who have digestive problems, like leaky gut, taking glutamine (around 15 grams) with a product called Permavite is an unbeatable combination..it flat works!

I think glutamine is a fantastic compound..when taken in doses high enough to have an effect...and must be taken regularly like my pal Valerie does..