#4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 20:39

Plan: Diabetic diet
Stats: 172/160/135
BF:
Progress: 32%

homegirl....

my rt arm is broken...typing with my left...sorry about all lower case letters

i see canadians deal with the same thing that those in the uk do....tsh only testing!

more and more studies are showing the high normal range is too high, on the tsh. in fact, the American Assn of Clinical Endocronologists issued new treatment guidelines, last year. anyone with a tsh of 3.0> (still too high ) AND HYPOTHYROID SYMPTOMS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR TREATMENT. without checking your total and free levels they can't know, for sure, how much hormone your body is getting.

i spent years with mine "right in the middle of normal range"... never got above a TSH of 2.5...but my total t4 was in the 6's & i had serious hypo symptoms. my new dr put me on .100 synthroid.... 1st tests showed tsh down to 1.5 but total t4 up into the 10's!....guess what...those are both within the "normal" ranges too.

both the us and the uk have independent labs that you can pay, privately, for the total and free level testing....have you checked with other canadians on the forum at www.thyroid.about.com to locate one in canada?

you have all the symptoms plus the hereditary factor so my guess you are right...