#8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-08, 11:24

Plan: my own
Stats: 171.4/152.8/135 Female 5'4"
BF:yep, it's fat!
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriter
The real question is: Active enough for what? If you want to be 'active enough' to keep your heart healthy (cardio), active enough to lose inches and body fat, and/or active enough to keep bones and muscles growing and strong -- you need to do formal weight-training.

I have been far heavier than this in my life. I think I tipped the scales at 222, and then I quit weighing myself, so I am sure I was far heavier than the highest reading I dared to look at. I do see the pounds creeping back on me, and I think it is from poor food choices and lazy eating habits more than from a lack of activity....but then again, I fear that I just may not want to sweat! When we started farming, I was very thin, but couldn't have pushed a loaded wheelbarrow to save my soul. Now I could (and often have) chase a beef heifer two miles without tiring--I couldn't run 3 miles to save my soul, but I could do it to save the neighbors corn! I will never be bikini (or even tankini) slim. Besides, no one wants to see these vericose veins uncovered. I do want to be heart healthy, and I want to avoid the osteoporosis that seems to afflict the women in my family. I want to feel comfortable. It's not that where I am right now is horrible, but I don't want to wake up and find myself not daring to get on the scale again, and I want to be strong as I age.

Thanks for all the input, guys. I feel a lot better about trying to pick up exercise on the sly. Who knows, I may even try a damn situp today