View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 17:43

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi Suze,
I am 49 and this is the first serious diet I have ever been on. I do have metabolic issues because of a thyroid condition. I found that with Atkins I lost slow and steady for the first couple of months, then I got very bored with the food. I was afraid to go past Ongoing Weight Loss because I was losing so slowly. I started CAD early this month but only could give it a week, and that is not much of a chance. It seems workable; basically you eat low carb for two meals a day, then you have a reward meal where you eat balanced portions of vegetables, protein and carbohydrates. At your reward meal you can have wine, as long as it is balanced by equal portions of protein and carbs.

I am getting to think that the best thing to do is eat healthy. That would mean no white flour or white rice, no hamburgers; lean meats, olive oil, fish, chicken and turkey, plenty of fresh vegetables and some fresh fruit. Today I read something that we all know but I had forgotten. There are 3500 calories in a pound. If we reduce our calories by 500 a day we can lose a pound a week. Even in Dr. Atkins' book, he says it all basically boils down to how many calories you eat. I mean it is definitely not okay on Atkins to sit down and eat three pounds of steak. To lose one pound a week, 500 calories per day, if I add one hour of aerobic exercise, and skip a 250 calorie candy bar a day, there is my one pound loss per week.

Just a thought,
Jaded Sandy