View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 15:04

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Nicole!

It's very normal for weight to fluctuate up and down while you're losing both from day to day and from morning to evening. Your losses won't always be in a steady line downward. It's also quite typical for muscles to retain a bit of water after a workout and between working out both Friday and today and then shopping for 8 hours on the day in between (that's quite a workout in itself!), it's quite likely that you are retaining a bit of water which could easily account for a 2 lb. gain. The best solution to that is rest your muscles in between workouts and drink plenty of water.
If the scale is driving you crazy, try weighing only once a week (pick a day and only weigh on that day), preferably naked first thing in the morning and then charting a montly average or use a graph to show your downward movement. If I were to do mine, it would look like a stock market graph with lots of ups and downs but with a general downward trend.
When I was doing another diet plan they had me weigh every day, but then once a week do an average of the previous 7 days' weights and that's what I recorded once a week. As long as the general trend was down, I was on track.