View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 14:02

Plan: Atkins:Very Low Carb(VLC)
Stats: 265/251/165 Male 5'-8"
BF:41/38/15
Progress: 14%
Default It depends on you!

In my induction I never even thought of the 4-5 12 oz Diet Pepsi's I drank nor the 6 cups of coffee with 4 packs of Equal per.... and I lost about 15 lbs in two weeks. But then I stalled, and for almost a week, I lost nothing. So then I looked into the facts behind this and decided to try cutting out the "extras" So I cut out all caffine and sweetners. I didn't have any Splenda or I went cold turkey.... I had about 3 days of headache and general grouchiness and then "release". So in the 3 weeks since then I've restarted the weight loss. Would I have lost anyway, most likely yes, but I feel better now without it. Do I crave them still, yes, and some day when I feel like it I'll have a nice Breve or Latte, with Sweet n low or Splenda.... I think some people are more sensitive to it than others. So I went from 215 to about 200 in 14 days, stalled, stopped the non-cal sweetners and caffine and then lost down to 194 since then, about 18 days for another 6 lbs. Induction usually makes the weight loss the fastest so with me now adding carb back in (I'm very physically active) for me to lose the other 6 lbs more slowly is OK. I think I'll go back into induction at the end of the month, starting Feb 1st.

Carl