#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 10:09

Plan: Low Carbish
Stats: 169/152/135 Female 5'2" Age:81
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default New Metabolic Diet Book & Question for "Older" Members

Hell To All:

First, Dr. Mercola's website recommended a book entitled "The Metabolic Typing Diet", which I ordered from Amazon.com. I ordered it to confirm which metabolic type I am, and it did confirm that I am a protein type. It's a good book, so if you question what you are doing buy it and take their test. It's very in depth.

Secondly, I know I feel better all around on a protein diet but since I am "older" I suffer the slower metabolism that many others share as well. I keep track of calories and carbs on Lifeform, particularly since I haven't lost a pound since before Christmas. Gained five there thank you so much! Anyway, it is clear that I have to keep my calories down, 1000-1200/day. I simply do not lose, even with daily exercise. I do a weight training aerobic workout five days a week. Nothing's happening trust me. Now I am seriously looking at the calorie level, my carbs are always around 20, sometimes pushing 30. Are there any other "older" people out there who have experienced the same problem, and if so will you please share info with me?

SuzeQ: 162/152/130 Age: 63
Sponsored Links