View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 07:12
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

I just want to point out that the enlightenment I've gotten from the people on this board, telling their own experiences in the health care maze, has made me realize that I'm responsible for taking charge of my own health and doing my own research.

THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET!!!

When my dear mother-in-law was released from the hospital after major back surgery and a subsequent infection her digestive system was a mess.... sick as a dog with stomach pain, bloating, constipation and diarrhea, etc. Her doctor just put her on more drugs and told her to wait it out. What I found out on my own was that she probably had an imbalance of intestinal flora from all the weeks of antibiotics!! I advised her to immediately start taking Acidophulus and eating yogurt with live cultures. Hey, guess what?? She was much better within 2 days!!! Uh, why in the hell didn't her doctor recommend such a simple solution???

Bottom line: Do your own research. Check integrative medicine and naturopathic websites (like HealthWorld ). Join bulletin boards like this one where people share their experiences. The effort is soooo worth it!!

BTW - The USDA is in the process of revising the food pyramid and its supposed to be out in 2004. I can't wait to see what they come up with now!!