View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 15:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.4/173.8/140
BF:
Progress: 29%

Thanks to all of you. It is a long time since i read the book and I realise I have been thinking of 20g as the only rule for induction whereas it is more than that and also involves restricting some food. I am not really on induction at all then because I eat nuts cream etc.

The health question was because I do eat very few fruits and wondered if this was healthy long term. I eat the low carb veggies though and I take a vitamin supplement.

Similar to the Arctic explorer story there was an interesting documentary on TV recently where they showed a village in Siberia -said to be the coldest inhabited place in the world, The temp was -45C. There was no vegetation to eat and the people lived only on meat that they caught, including every bit of the reindeer carcas such as the intestines! They were very healthy and fit and the Western reporter staying with them had a lot less energy and stamina. Of course they would have got vegetables from eating the animal since they ate the stomach and intestines.