#3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 10:35
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Unflavoured gelatin is pure protein, therefore has zero carbs

Koolaid powder .. the "unsweetened" kind in small thin packets .. does indeed have carbs. If you read the ingredients on the label, you'll see that it contains sugar. Just how much though isn't clear, and I can find no info. anywhere about it. Most carb counters give data for the prepared product, using added sugar according to the directions on the package, but not for the dry powder as sold.

I guesstimate 3g carbs for the whole package .. since sugar is the second ingredient on the label, after citric acid.

A whole package is too strong tasting for one batch of gelatin-dessert (at least to my tastebuds ). Each packet of unflavoured gelatin (or 1 Tbsp of powder if you buy in bulk) will set 2 cups of liquid. There is 1½ tsp Koolaid powder in each package (yes, I measured this). So ------ I mix ½ tsp Koolaid powder with the gelatin powder, then add 1 cup boiling water, stir till dissolved then add 1 cup cold water. I add the desired sweetener after dissolving. 1g carb total, plus whatever's in your chosen sweetener, if any.

hth,

Doreen