View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 06:37

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 371/194/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi YogiBear!
You hang in there Yogi. Before i started low carbing, i was doing a low fat and high carb diet and i had lost alittle bit of weight. Then i switched to LC and it took awhile for me to start loosing. But once i started, it was amazing at how quickly the weight was coming off. I think our bodies just has to get used to the LC's before it allows us to start loosing. I bet it goes into shock and says HEY, WHAT"S GOING ON HERE! and it try to compensate for awhile. But eventually, if you keep up what your doing, you will start to drop the weight. The scale is always a nice indicator at how well your doing, but also go by how your feeling. I started having more energy and feeling better, even though the scale wasn't showing any sign. So i just kept up with the plan, and then like a WHOSH, the fat just started to melt off my body. It really is a good idea if you can get your starting measurements and then if you don't have time every week, at least do them once a month. I did my neck, arms, chest, hips, and thighs. I have lost about 100inches so far. When i started my hips where 82 1/2 inches ( i needed 2 measuring tapes). Keep in mind, loosing weight can be done, just be patient and know that your doing the right thing.
Can you do me one favour though, PLEASE SEND SOME OF THE HEAT TO CANADA, it's freezing here. I'll trade ya my pork rinds, lol.

Keep in touch Yogi
Toni