View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 21:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%

Quote:
One of the things I liked about SB was the Author's stance about getting processed food out of the daily diet.

Mee too. This is one thing that appeals to me about this program. I'm not the type to buy many prepackaged processed foods for my family at all. I'm trying really hard to stick to that mindset of whole and healthy, and if we want cookies, homemade oatmeal sweetened with raisins and applesauce are yummy.

Another thing I want to cut out of our diets is SOY. I heard so many bad things about it, about the amounts of estrogen being so high. But I know that money has gotten in the way of the truth being told about this product because soy is in EVERYTHING now, and it's scaring me a bit. I notice that our vegetable oil is now soy oil and our mayonnaise is now from soy as well. It's taking over, it's cheap to grow and cheap for the manufacturers to buy.

It just reminds me of how sugar took over. Soy is taking over under the guise of being healthy. The ones saying that soy is healthy are the same ones saying that a low fat diet is what we should eat! Any thoughts?