Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 06:09

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default HI Jaxx!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaxx
You are all very encouraging - I made the decision to quit smoking and start back on LC from 2nd Jan. I have managed to keep it down to 1 or 2 a day....(I was a pack of 25 a day girl!) My husband is still smoking over a pack a day, and my will power caves when I get home and he's still puffing away!!!!! AHHHHHH....
He is not ready to give up yet (and I'm trying to not to nag- he will do so in his own time) only thing is its tough for me. I'm on patches, so NEVER even think about it if I am away from other smokers. I have found starting the LC diet again has actually helped me cut right down as I have to avoid alcohol anyway and also be quite conscience of my many bad habits - keeping them all in check seems to be easier than trying to tackle one at a time.
Any suggestions for the couple I can't seem to miss once at home???????

I know the feeling well Jaxx...hubby commited to quit New Year's Day and still hasn't let go...( just found this out a few days ago)...has like you cut way back but he is one that really enjoys his smokes...the trouble here is we spend time in clubs on the weekends a fair amount as he and number one son play in a rock band...number one son has quit but the other band members around him smoke but so far so good for him...another trend that seems to be sweeping everywhere is the banning of smoking in public places... my city just passed a by-law banning smoking in all public places including bars and clubs effective this July so this should help some folks who want to quit smoking but are heavily exposed to other smokers in this scenario...I refuse to nag hubby about quitting..one thing I hated being around was a reformed smoker...he is making the effort to cut down and hope he will take the initiative to quit on his own.. I always have a good supply of Dentyne sugarless gum on hand made with Splenda...that might help curb your desire to smoke at home...also have upped my exercise levels as I have seen some weight gain ...have always had a slow metabolism so have to find ways to get it moving again...so far I have the same smokefree days as Demi but am taking one day at a time...B