#10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-08, 12:41

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 285/275/135 Female 5'3"
BF:baby's got back
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandbaby1
Go by gut feeling , it feels like the blood sugar should be the first thing to target. I wouldnt worry as long as you are losing weight .....about metformin or something. But if you have a stall dont hesitate. but remember a stall is no weightloss for 2 months with all the effort.

Check your blood sugar everyday in the morning which wil be a good start since if ther are hapazard blood glucose reading it will show up eventually on morning blood glucose. Ofcourse you can do glucose tolerance test to find how insuline resistent you are.

If you can maintain one thing steady like blood glucose then you can play with the others. Atleast that is my strategy.

Thanks - so far I am averaging a weight loss of 2 lbs a week.

My BG ranges from 85-125mg/dl. My morning numbers are the highest and I have improved them by walking an hour every morning. So, some days I wake up around 100mg/dl and others 115mg/dl. I was waking up and reaching 125mg/dl ~ 8am every day but, that seems to have improved and I haven't seen 125mg/dl in awhile now. The only time I may go over that amount is if I eat out and discover some hidden sugar/starch in the food - which I don't know about until I test. I cut that food out if i discover it. Trial and error and living by the meter.

My numbers seem to be improving so, I'm starting to question the need for medicating my diabetes but, I'll have a deep conversation with my endocrinologist before making a final decision. No doubt I'll post my thoughts here at that time to get opinions. My endo appointment is on the 22nd of this month. Here is hoping this endo is not stuck in the dark ages.

~Danielle