#11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-08, 12:35

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 285/275/135 Female 5'3"
BF:baby's got back
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCo
I am in on this conspiracy...if it is one. I thought a conspiracy was a deliberate act of one or more people...not speculating about what is affecting one's health.
I thought my allergies were getting worse, until I reached near normal BG's. It can be hard to stay on top of what is going on in a body that has more than one thing wrong with it.

Sorry for the late response. I've been building a fence - LOL.

Years ago, I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and it was debilitating for about 2 years and then, poof - gone. I think the Yeast Connection Diet at the time help quite a bit but, I don't know what caused the onset or the ending of my misery. Those two years, I had seasonal allergies. That was the first and the last time I had any allergies.

Now, in 2001, I had lost over 50 lbs and moved to Sweden to be with my husband, then engaged. I gained a lot of weight and had chronic problems with post nasal drip and what I thought was chronic bronchitis. I barely slept and was miserable. We moved back to the States, once married, and my problems cleared up within a few months. Very odd. However, in 2006 my sinus problems came back with a vengeance. Again, I was miserable. After at least a year of trying to diagnose my problems through my GP and ultimately an ENT, we figured out that I had many seasonal and environmental allergies along with food allergies and oral allergy syndrome. It was topped off with a deviated septum.

I was put on Singulair, Zyrtec and Flonase. I also had a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy. I have been pretty much symtom free.

Now, here is my theory, probably not a conspiracy as you pointed out, I believe I have been insulin resistant my entire life or at least since puberty and when I moved to Sweden and gained back those 50 pounds - plus some, I think I became even more insulin resistant. I feel this brought on an immune response which resulted in all these allergies. I feel that if I get my BG under control and lose some of this weight which, obviously, would help me gain more control, I would be allergy free or at least be able to cut back on meds.

Phewww - that was quite a bit of typing.

~Danielle