View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-08, 09:02

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Thank you SO MUCH, ladies...especially sharing that you too have experienced plateaus.

I do think my RMs are too carb-heavy. Not too carb-heavy for CALP; just too carb-heavy for me. I'm only eating 1/3 of my "plate" worth of carbs, but they're very heavily sweet carbs and also contain things that I know have set me off in the past; for example, carrots (in my carrot cake). I did much better when I had my cookies, especially peanut butter cookies, which at least contain a lower-carb item (the peanut butter). The carrot cake, though absolutely delicious, should probably only be a once in a while treat for me.

Right now I have banana bread in the fridge. If I make it part of my RM, I'll only have two squares of it (I have it cut into 2"X2" squares for the kids). That's the thing with the cake...I think in eyeballing it, I'm really cutting larger and larger pieces each time, and it's tipping the scales of my hunger.

Sybil, I remember when you hadn't lost weight in a month and yet you never gave up. Good for you. I'm going to remember that from now on. Liz, that man on South Beach really does sound like an inspiration, and I'm going to take a tip from his book in being more serious about exact amounts of things.

Thanks again, ladies.