View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-08, 04:02

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%

I understand how you feel, Glendora. Three whole weeks without any results is not very pleasant and could demoralize you quite a bit.

Up till now I have not lost very much on the CALP diet either.

The moment I switched to The Scarsdale Medical Diet, I shed some more pounds. Then I returned to CALP and my weight remains stable but I don't lose any more pounds.

For me it's different because I try to learn not to binge at night. CALP teaches me a different attitude at night, whereas I don't have to have breakfast in the morning and still have a fulfilling meal at night. The whole concept of eating and behaviour (nót dieting!) appeals to me.

But as to weight loss I feel rather disappointed up till now and three weeks is quite long and in fact for most of us too long to bear.

What alternatives do you have? Is it possible that your RM is not quite balanced? Hungry and disappointed people often see balance where in fact there is none. I'm a good example of that.

Could it be that you eat not enough? That your metabolism needs a boost?

In Holland we have a South Beach forum, where lots of women exchange their experiences and feelings but it strikes me that most of the registered members don't lose a considerable amount of weight and never have.

Then in June this man arrives, called Michel, nickname: Japie Krekel, reads the South Beach book, doesn't know how to cook very well but sticks to the program as well as to the advice which is given to him by the moderators and other registered members. He writes down each and every menu he's eaten (6 meals a day) and as soon as he makes a mistake, he is corrected by women, eager to correct him.

He keeps diaries, first in Phase 1 (Fase 1), now in Phase 2 (Fase 2). When he introduces a new kind of food (All Bran for instance) and he doesn't lose weight anymore, he leaves it out from his diet. Quick and simple. And with enormous results.

He eats more than he can handle but he forces himself to eat everything the program tells him to. If he doesn't like a type of food, he eats it anyway and gets used to it. He doesn't complain, doesn't hesitate. He just acts and reacts.

All the women love his attitude (which is very strict, disciplined and susceptible to good advice) and they especially love his spectacular weight loss of course.

In only 2 months' time (he started on June 10!), during which he also went on a holiday with his wife and children (and stuck to his program), he has lost 32 pounds and is still losing. He is never hungry, never bored, never tired of doing so. He is enthusiastic, positive and amazed by his own quick weight loss. He regularly works out in a gym but not excessively.

This man inspires me and gives me new hope every time I tend to despair. He teaches me by his journals and attitude that I've probably not been eating enough and therefore my metabolism is next to nil. The same thing you guys have been warning me about when I had just joined you.

He has become the example of a successful (South Beach) dieter on that forum and to me too, of course. As South Beach is a low carb diet too, it can very well be compared to ours.

I share this story with you because, like you, I sighed many, many times at a new 'plateau', when my weight loss had stopped and I struggled to continue and keep motivated. I would so much like to help and motivate you by giving you the example of this man, who is eating all day long.