View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 21:11
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein's Diabetic Solution, LOTS of exercise !!
Stats: 155/148/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Out of control

Thanks kjturner, you asked for details.

I don't see the doc except for the 3 month HBA1C thing. He is great with the usual stuff just not great with the diabetes thing.

The old doc who called me brittle and out of control... I fired him a year ago. I have a problem with having a so called professional throw a fit when he couldn't get a decent vein for a test one day.

I am on Humlin and generally take 12 units BID. I use Humalog to manage meals and inject whenever the bgs are too high. I have had some pretty nasty crashes so I prefer to keep my sugars between 6 and 9 but don't succeed to well for the most part.

I'm still trying to find a good diabetes doc but any I hear of are not taking patients. I have had 3 GP's and one endo and they all push carbs big time and keep saying to just inject more to cover it.

I have a Freestyle monitor and use it faithfully. The test strips are sooooo expensive though. No drug plan for me.

I am very, very tired of feeling so crummy most of the time. I'm trying to get over the issue of eating fat. I was raised to only eat very lean and not much meat. I do love meat and I can lick the plate clean when there has been bacon on it. I adore pork rinds, the microwave, super spicy are my favourites.

Gosh, I'm sorry I have gone on forever. I am tired and tend to ramble.

Any comments would be very much appreciated. It really super to not feel so alone anymore.

Thank You!!!!

Cheers, AJ